Microphone Please ...

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Another glorious day of an IBMer.

Why do I do this to myself? Is it because I like pain and punishment. Decided as of a few weeks ago that I would move into another position in the company that would put me back into a cubicle again. Having worked from home for the last 5 years, it seemed like the right thing to do. It gave me the opportunity to watch my kids grow, not to mention my stomach.
It could have been environment related, I just got tired of dealing with the politics of the position. At least in the new position, I gain some control. Not to mention education and new skills made available.

Old position, IBM architect for Global Technologies Center handling web application deployments.

New Position : Software engineer support Power series on AIX 5.3 and Linux. (ooh fun / Joy. Virtual processing and supercomputing) HMC, Virtual I/O etc.

I guess its just the tech in me that makes me drool at this stuff. I've just been introduced into a lab that has enough computing power to run a large city. Drool!

Enough of this though. This is my life and adventure into my new position.
posted by Jules at 1:42 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home