Microphone Please ...

Monday, July 23, 2007

Birthdays and such

Well, I turned 41 this year. Woop De Doo! Of all the things that I am learning, I would have to list them below. Please denote the obvious...

1. Being and staying married and raising a family is by far the HARDEST DAMN thing I HAVE and WILL ever DO! But yet, its also what I feel is my greatest accomplishment.
2. For me physically, crap starts coming apart very quickly. All kinds of things from my blood sugar, cholesterol (spelling ack), pain in my legs and feet if not numbness etc. Its funny to because my mind still thinks I'm 21. I don't feel any different mentally but my brain calls out to my body saying "HELLO! WTF? Whats going on here?"

3. Where I am at from where I have been. What do I mean here... Well its about where I have been in my life, my accomplishments, my moves, my family etc. In the last 20 years or so I have moved about 10-12 times that I can count since getting married. My income has steadily increased, I'm in a much better job or a stage in my career making far more money then I probably could have ever imagined. But yet to a degree it doesn't seem I have changed in terms of my lifestyle or what I have. I had my first mortgage at the age of 22. Not a lot of people can say that. I have always had my house, cars, things and crap. Thats right things and crap.
See there in lies the conundrum. Outside of my wife/family accomplishments, I think the rest is just more crap. Can I say that I am any more or less happier, it wouldn't seem so. Again dont get me wrong, I love my family. But for the most part, I'm still doing the same things. I get up go to work and enjoy my off time with my family. Its probably stupid but I dont think any guy doesnt look back after turning 40+. So am I any different, prob not. I know, "Quitcha bitchin."

4. One thing I can say is an accomplishment for me. I have read a LOT! I mean books. Some of them really good, some of them stunk. But I have read a lot of books. I am amazed today by how many people just don't read.

For the most part its not so bad. I just wish my younger mind would catch up with my older aged body or someone is gonna get hurt.

Jules
posted by Jules at 8:41 AM

<< Home