Microphone Please ...

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Another birthday post. Now 42 but made ooh so special.

It would seem that time just flies buy occasionally stopping only to tag you on the should and say "You're it!". This happened again yesterday. What is interesting though, this time it didn't bother me so much. With everything this past year that has been going on, primarily dealing with my health, my wife and two wonderful daughters really made my birthday enjoyable. I think for me birthdays really never had that much importance, but to my wonderful wife, birthdays are the big to do.
Yesterday she put out all the stops as usual. She took me and my girls to go see "Journey to the Center of the Earth." in 3D. For me there is something about going to the movies with my family. It tears me away from everything else and just really slows time down for a couple of hours for some simple basic fun. No yelling or whining, just grab your snacks, kick back and relax. Whats funny is though, this cost my "Incredibly loving wife" (yes I know she'll read this) $70+ bucks for the tickets and the litany of snacks that ensued after hitting the in house cafe at the theater. (I got the chili Cheeseburger with fries and Diet Coke to wash it down) I didn't really think of the cost so much till I heard my oldest daughter Adrianne (12) gasp "$70 Dollars ?!?!" to mom on the way out in the parking lot only for mom to bark out a quick "shh!".
See if I had to pick out the one thing to put out on top of my list about my wife, its this. No matter what it costs her, you're going to be happy on your birthday!.

To this I say "THANK YOU!". You really know how to make a guy happy.


Oh one more note! The homemade chocolate cake her and the girls made along with the dinner at my favorite place to eat didn't go unnoticed either.

Thank you again!
posted by Jules at 7:21 PM

<< Home