Microphone Please ...

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Catching up.

Adrianne graduated only a couple of weeks ago from Byron Nelson HS. Exciting times and the end of one period of her life. Decided to take this week off as she goes to her college orientation on Tues/Wed at TWU. I had a fun time going with her. She enjoyed her overnight stay and I won a gift certificate at the Wed morning breakfast. I just hope she doesn't get burned out too quickly thinking it's all about partying and sleepovers. Lots of work to be done. I remember her saying "Wow if this is what its all about, I'm going to do really well.". Sigh... Don't want to burst her bubble. Let's see how it goes.

Life seems to be moving at a brisk pace. Job is going somewhat well. Could be better in certain areas I just won't make public. I'm not really complaining. Probably just getting old. On the subject of physical things, it's not like I don't have everything I could ever want . Lord knows I have more computers then most. lol!. Rutt maybe the issue too. But then again one does like their comfort zones.

News is pretty damn depressing. Wars, people stupidity concerning the poor, sick and mentally ill. It just boggles my mind how people are so insensitive when it comes to money, religion and politics. Some people, at least from messages I have read, seem to be of the ilk of "Don't take what I go away from me, why should I have to pay or really.. I just dont care.". Over the past few years both of my daughters have volunteered hundreds of hours of their own time. That's not a thing you see much from people in my area. There are just a whole lot of people who talk a good talk but when it comes down to it, they'd rather close their doors and watch some "reality tv" or footbawl. We have become a very closed door, judgmental, leave me along society. It's sad. I'm glad my daughters and I talk. A lot. About everything and anything. I am glad they volunteer and are incredibly caring and considerate of others. They understand that we don't live in a bubble and we are a community and there are others who need help. Adrianne registered for her classes this week and one of the first things she jumped on was the volunteering LLC which is a course where not only can she engage in some writing but also volunteer her time with underprivileged kids in the Denton County area. Nobody had to goad her into it or pressure her, she jumped on it. Impressed.

Things coming up.

- Enjoy rest of vacation
- plug money away for college (buffer)
- Try and remain positive about things. Drink caff, get out go for a walk, get dumb crap off my mind.
- Adrianne officially starts school coming up on August 20th. Gear up for that.
- Keep mind focused on work. It pays the college bill. Stay positive here.
- Fix car (Yeah threw the clutch)
- Keep Adrianne focused on the important stuff.
- Zoe.. well Zoe is just going to be Zoe
- Mom, pass going in different directions. Meet in the middle occasionally. That's life.


That's enough from me and my usual ranting.






posted by Jules at 7:51 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home